STRATEGIKON

100 % Wargame
graphique
Nous sommes actuellement le Mer 17 Juil 2019 22:32

Le fuseau horaire est UTC [Heure d’été]

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 90 messages ]  Aller vers la page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Suivant
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: La campagne de Roumanie 1916
Message non luPublié: Dim 13 Sep 2015 05:24 
Pousse pions

Inscrit(e) le : Lun 4 Mars 2013 19:03
Message(s) : 127
Sorry that I post in English, but if you saw my French you would be even more sorry. :)

"1916: Romania," has been mentioned a few times in this forum, but I wanted to start a thread to answer any questions.

The initial set-up is finished for the next set of play-tests:

I need to revise the map. I'm going to make the terrain more clear and emphasize the roads and rails. There will be a combined rough + forest and mountain + forest, as no forest is the exception in these areas. The hexes are hard to see in the mountains as well, so I'll lighten the colors a bit, and perhaps change the hex-grid color.

I'd also like to use larger hexes. I'm using the smaller 16mm hexes to get the map to fit in two standard-sized GMT maps--but I don't like it. I much prefer 19mm (or even larger) hexes. At least for the play-tests I'd like to convert it over. It'll make the map about 20% larger, but I think play will be much more enjoyable.

Dernière édition par Pablo le Mar 24 Avr 2018 15:22, édité 1 fois.

Sujet du message: Re: La campagne roumaine 1916
Message non luPublié: Dim 13 Sep 2015 07:55 
Grand-Maître des Orangs-Outans

Inscrit(e) le : Dim 28 Sep 2008 10:01
Message(s) : 1293
Officier de Strategikon (1) Ordre des anciens 2004 (1) Opérations extérieures (4) Médaille des petits posteurs (1) Traducteur (1) Médaille du jeu solo (1) Médaille de la Grande guerre (1)
Petit calimero (1) Petit plaisantin (1)
go ahead my friend ;)

I surely missed something as I am just discovering this title. Any further details to present us ?
Lots of interests to follow your job :clap:

recherche :
du temps, ne serait-ce que pour ouvrir une boîte et humer son doux parfum...

Message non luPublié: Dim 13 Sep 2015 08:43 
Pousse pions

docteur maboule a écrit:
go ahead my friend ;)

I surely missed something as I am just discovering this title. Any further details to present us ?
Lots of interests to follow your job :clap:

What a nice reception! Thank you.

I have a discussion folder at CSW which goes back about 2 years (actually almost exactly 2 years today!)

The link is here:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd9d05c/119

The game covers the Romanian Campaign from August-December 1916. The system used is a hybrid of the systems used in Mike Resch's 1914 series. As we're testing it now is uses the combat/loss system from "Twilight in the East," and the movement/supply rules from the two later games in the system.

I have been working on it for a little over two years. The many armies in the game: Romanian, Russian, Autro-Hungarian, German, Bulgarian, Turkish, and British and French involvement, have made it a fascinating (if somewhat complex) subject to research. Luckily there are many, many sources on the campaign--much more than I've seen on any other campaign. The Romanian and Bulgarian official histories are excellent, for example.

The scale is 10km per hex, and the turns are three days.

There will be numerous scenarios--learning scenarios that are much shorter, and also historical alternatives: Russia provides more support, The Allies attack at Salonika, Romania strikes south instead of north. Romania mobilizes a smaller, but more capable army.

We had our first play-test in May--of the southern front only and it went very well.

I want to balance historical aspects with playability--I want the game to be fun. I also want the players to have the chance to try what they want--I do not want the game scripted. I will provide historical/game incentives that mirror the motivations of the time, but I also want players to try new things.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I am more than happy to discuss the game, or the historical background.

Paul

Message non luPublié: Dim 13 Sep 2015 09:40 
Grognard

Inscrit(e) le : Jeu 15 Mai 2014 05:17
Message(s) : 589
It will be an interesting simulation never designed at this scale. Combination of combat rules of TITE and movement (and perhaps supply ?) from OAO and Serbia is surely a good idea. This campaign was a lot of missed opportunities for the Allies. The collapse of Romania gave access to huge stocks of wheat and grains giving to Germany and AH food for an another year.

Message non luPublié: Dim 13 Sep 2015 11:17 
Pousse pions

Micke a écrit:
It will be an interesting simulation never designed at this scale. Combination of combat rules of TITE and movement (and perhaps supply ?) from OAO and Serbia is surely a good idea. This campaign was a lot of missed opportunities for the Allies. The collapse of Romania gave access to huge stocks of wheat and grains giving to Germany and AH food for an another year.

Hello!

Yes, exactly--for the play-tests, the combat, loss and artillery systems from TitE and supply and movement from OaO/SmS.

I agree about missed opportunities--also at the operational level. The Romanian high command made some pretty serious mistakes--the Flamanda crossing was too far away from Mackensen's army to be effective, and the moving of troops from north to south to north meant that mush-needed divisions were away from the front.

Message non luPublié: Jeu 24 Sep 2015 10:00 
Pousse pions

Inscrit(e) le : Lun 29 Sep 2008 17:52
Message(s) : 172
Médaille des marseillais (1)
c'est prévu chez GMT?
ça poserait interrogation car il semblerait que l'on aille plutôt vers une uniformisation des règles (avec éventuelle reédition de Twilight In The East avec les règles d' Offensive à Outrance). Or là les règles seraient un mix de Twilight et d'OAO.

Message non luPublié: Jeu 24 Sep 2015 12:58 
Pousse pions

dopffer a écrit:
c'est prévu chez GMT?
ça poserait interrogation car il semblerait que l'on aille plutôt vers une uniformisation des règles (avec éventuelle reédition de Twilight In The East avec les règles d' Offensive à Outrance). Or là les règles seraient un mix de Twilight et d'OAO.

Hello,

dopffer a écrit:
c'est prévu chez GMT?

The game has not been submitted to any publisher as of yet.

dopffer a écrit:
(avec éventuelle reédition de Twilight In The East avec les règles d' Offensive à Outrance).

"There won't be a second edition of Twilight in the East. TitE is excellent as is. I'm amazed that it works as well as it does." Quote Mike Resch, 14 September 2015.

Message non luPublié: Jeu 24 Sep 2015 13:08 
Membre FOW

Inscrit(e) le : Mer 1 Oct 2008 11:29
Message(s) : 9259
Officier de Strategikon (1) Médaille Frog of War (1) Médaille des 10 ans (1) Ordre des anciens 2002 (1) Opérations extérieures (1) Médaille des 1000 messages (1) Médaille des comptes rendus (2)
Médaille des petits posteurs (2) Médaille du plateau (1) Organisateur de conventions (4) Médaille des conventions (1) Rencontres de l'AOBA / RLP (1) Médaille des trappistes (1) Fou de Bourgbarré (1)
Soldat du 4° zouave (1) Convention Big Red One (1) 13° stratège (1) convention GCACW rémoise (1) Médaille de l'Ecole de Guerre (1) OPJH (1) Médaille de la série GCACW (1)
Médaille de la Secession (1) Médaille napoléonienne (1) Maitre casserole (2) Médaille du FSSOP (1)
The map looks awesome! Is it the next game like Offensive à Outrance?

Les braves lanciers Polonais."
Les Adieux des Chasseurs à Cheval aux Lanciers Polonais

Message non luPublié: Jeu 24 Sep 2015 13:43 
Boucher d'Arras

Inscrit(e) le : Sam 28 Août 2010 21:09
Message(s) : 3863
Médaille des 10 ans (1) Médaille de la bataille (1) Concepteur de jeu (1) Historien (1) Médaille des scribouillards (1) Médaille du testeur. (1) Médaille du jeu solo (1)
Organisateur de conventions (1) Médaille de la Nantaise (1) Fou de Bourgbarré (1) Médaille du Soleil couchant (1) Convention Big Red One (2) OPJH (1) Médaille de la Grande guerre (1)
Ordre du schtroumpf (1) Croix tarte au citron (1) Petit plaisantin (1) Médaille du FSSOP (1)
Drago a écrit:

Comme Paul l'a déjà expliqué, les règles sont un mix de celles de TitE avec celles d'OàO, de même que pour le "Caporetto 1917" d'Andrea Brusati...

Message non luPublié: Jeu 24 Sep 2015 16:05 
Pousse pions

Drago a écrit:

Hello,

That is a good question.

The game does differ from Offensive à Outrance and Serbia. The map is simpler--there are no elevations, but also more terrain detail than in TitE.

The combat system is more from TitE--we are using the SLRT again and artillery is defined as indirect and heavy. The supply and rail movement is more like OaO. The loss system is the standard step loss from TitE.

There will be other changes--more asset units will be allowed to be attached to formations. This is necessary to reflect the concentration of artillery one sees in 1916.

Romania is a very much different situation than the other games. The armies are very different. The German infantry divisions are much smaller than the Romanian, but with much more artillery and machine guns. There are some much smaller units--the Alpenkorps is shown as regiments--which will be units and not assets. You have units from some of the best at the time (Alpenkorps, 200th German Division) to the worst (Romanian 17th Infantry Division, almost all untrained militia.)

Cavalry was very effective in the campaign, and a lot of operations occurred in the mountains.

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 90 messages ]  Aller vers la page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Suivant

Le fuseau horaire est UTC [Heure d’été]