STRATEGIKON

100 % Wargame
graphique
Nous sommes actuellement le Dim 26 Mai 2019 19:27

Le fuseau horaire est UTC [Heure d’été]

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 90 messages ]  Aller vers la page Précédent  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Suivant
Auteur Message
Message non luPublié: Ven 24 Août 2018 11:22 
Pousse pions

Inscrit(e) le : Lun 4 Mars 2013 19:03
Message(s) : 126
Micke,

To answer your question more in-depth I am hoping to form at least three play-test groups. One or two in France, if possible. I've had a few French gamers say they'd be willing to play--and they seem serious about it.

This would be good for me also. France is easy for me to reach, and east to travel with the TGV. Basel to Paris in about 3 hours. I would always deliver the kit in person, talk to the players and meet everyone. I think this is important.

I've been in contact with a friend in the States who will help me get playtest kits printed there--to be quite honest I've spent really a lot of my own money on this game so far, and if I can save some I will.

Also, there is the subject of the publisher. I've had offers from a few companies. I need to think about the price of the game. This is something I have been giving second thoughts to the last weeks.

I want the game to be affordable in Europe. I don't want a 120 euro monster. I want a game people can afford--maybe even a ziplock version to save on postage. I live in Europe--I live the prices, and this is really important to me.

Message non luPublié: Ven 24 Août 2018 11:37 
Membre FOW

Inscrit(e) le : Mer 1 Oct 2008 09:52
Message(s) : 1644
Médaille des conventions (1) Médaille du Trophée (1) Médaille des trappistes (1) Fou de Bourgbarré (1) Soldat du 4° zouave (1) Baroudeur ardéchois (1) Convention Big Red One (1)
13° stratège (1) convention GCACW rémoise (1) Médaille de l'Ecole de Guerre (1) Fondu de la Bourguignonne (1) Médaille Jours de gloire (1) Médaille de la série GCACW (1)
I have seen on Kickstarter, shipping cost are often equal for European and North American customers. I have no idea how they arrange that. Are some parts printed locally on each continent ?

Message non luPublié: Ven 24 Août 2018 15:04 
Pousse pions

rulx a écrit:
I have seen on Kickstarter, shipping cost are often equal for European and North American customers. I have no idea how they arrange that. Are some parts printed locally on each continent ?

Everything comes from China? :)

Message non luPublié: Ven 24 Août 2018 16:06 
Grognard

Inscrit(e) le : Jeu 15 Mai 2014 05:17
Message(s) : 554
Pablo a écrit:
Micke,

To answer your question more in-depth I am hoping to form at least three play-test groups. One or two in France, if possible. I've had a few French gamers say they'd be willing to play--and they seem serious about it.

This would be good for me also. France is easy for me to reach, and east to travel with the TGV. Basel to Paris in about 3 hours. I would always deliver the kit in person, talk to the players and meet everyone. I think this is important.

Which is the time frame to organize such a test ? This autumn ? How long do it will take and what kind of feedback do you expect ?
If there are volunteers by a such a test in Paris area could you express your interest ?

Message non luPublié: Sam 25 Août 2018 09:14 
Pousse pions

Micke a écrit:
Pablo a écrit:
Micke,

Which is the time frame to organize such a test ? This autumn ? How long do it will take and what kind of feedback do you expect ?
If there are volunteers by a such a test in Paris area could you express your interest ?

Hi,

No, I think it will be the beginning of next year.

How long the play-testing will take depends on the group and how long and often they play. The game is long--40 turns-from Aug 27-December 31 1916 for the full campaign. This has been the challenge for getting local play testers. Outside of trying only a turn or two, most players simply don't want to commit the time to play a very big game like "Romania." They have little time to play games as it is, without being involved in a big play-test. :)

I suspect this difficulty in pay-testing larger games is not unique. Perhaps it's why some games are published and then have 2-3 pages of errata in the first months, or people claim the campaign game is "broken."

I think the game is fun--that's the feedback we've had from the play tests so far. It's an interesting situation where both side gets to attack. I would be looking more for specifics and rules that aren't clear, things that seem strange to players, anything missing--what needs to be fixed on the map, players aides, etc. I'd also be very interested in the course of a full campaign game. Even I've only played solo until late November.

If you're interested you can shoot me a PM here and I'll get into email contact with you.

Paul

Message non luPublié: Lun 24 Sep 2018 20:26 
Pousse pions

The playtest at VALCON went really well. I was very happy with the way the game played. We tried the new HQ's and supply systems and the new rail movement rules.

Here is a picture of the full game setup:

Message non luPublié: Lun 24 Sep 2018 22:56 
Grognard

Inscrit(e) le : Sam 27 Sep 2008 08:38
Message(s) : 1315
Médaille des 10 ans (2) Concepteur de jeu (1) Médaille du Trophée (1)
Pablo a écrit:
The playtest at VALCON went really well. I was very happy with the way the game played. We tried the new HQ's and supply systems and the new rail movement rules.

Here is a picture of the full game setup:

You have a vassal module for playtest ?

Message non luPublié: Mar 25 Sep 2018 05:48 
Pousse pions

Citer:

We do, but it needs to be updated. The fellow who made it is retired, and he's traveling a lot. He returns in November.

Message non luPublié: Ven 1 Fév 2019 17:40 
Pousse pions

Pablo a écrit:
Citer:

We do, but it needs to be updated. The fellow who made it is retired, and he's traveling a lot. He returns in November.

Just an update. Peter, who made the playtesting vassal module has unfortunately been busy with family issues, and he still hasn't had an opportunity to update the module.

If anyone here knows how to build (and update) a module, I'd be glad to work with you to get this updated.

Paul

Message non luPublié: Jeu 7 Fév 2019 04:36 
Pousse pions

I had planned to play-test "Romania," next at San Marino in May, but looking at the travel possibilities I've decided it's just too long a trip for a few days of gaming--no direct flights and 8 hours by train or car.

I have been talking to my local play-tester about coming to the gaming convention in Paris this fall though. This is much more attractive for both of us--I mean it is Paris :) and we can ride the TGV direct.

It looks like we might have someone who can help with the vassal module for play-testing, and that will be a big help!

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 90 messages ]  Aller vers la page Précédent  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Suivant

Le fuseau horaire est UTC [Heure d’été]